Old-Fashioned Potato Salad
THE SECRET to the fine taste of this salad results from adding the warm potatoes to the mayonnaise mixture.
My Grandma Nellie may have created the recipe herself or brought it with her from Ireland. I recall friends and family often preferred a second helping of potato salad instead of dessert! Mary Elizabeth Martucci
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 medium red potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 10-15 minutes or until
- tender. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine mayonnaise, relish, salt and
- pepper; add carrots, celery, onion and eggs.
- Drain the potatoes; gently stir into mayonnaise mixture. Sprinkle
- with paprika. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 616 calories, 50 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 232 mg cholesterol, 571 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 10 g protein.