Old-Fashioned Potato Salad
We live at the edge of Pennsylvania Dutch Country, where there are lots of small farms. Country markets are plentiful here, so potatoes are a staple.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 20 min.
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until tender; drain. Place in
- a large bowl; add eggs, celery and onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over potato
- mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 241 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 273 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.