Old-Fashioned Potato Pancakes Recipe
- 3 cups shredded peeled potatoes
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Rinse potatoes in cold water; drain thoroughly. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, onion, flour, parsley, salt and pepper.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a well-greased hot griddle. Fry in batches 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 7-9 pancakes.
3 each: 268 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 142mg cholesterol, 878mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Potato Pancakes
"This is a good recipe but not what I was looking for. My mother in law used to make potato pancakes but they were more like a regular pancake whick you ate it with butter & syrup. Quite often we would have them with fresh fish. Sometimes with sausage."