Old-Fashioned Potato Pancakes
If you're looking for a change of pace for breakfast, try these old-fashioned potato pancakes. They were my grandmother's favorite breakfast dish, and the recipe has been passed down through the generations.
2-3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups shredded peeled potatoes
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Rinse potatoes in cold water; drain thoroughly. In a large bowl,
- combine the potatoes, eggs, onion, flour, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a well-greased hot griddle. Fry in
- batches 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on
- paper towels.
- Yield: 7-9 pancakes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 268 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 142 mg cholesterol, 878 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 10 g protein.