If you're looking for a change of pace for breakfast, try these old-fashioned potato pancakes. They were my grandmother's favorite breakfast dish, and the recipe has been passed down through the generations.
- 3 cups shredded peeled potatoes
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Rinse potatoes in cold water; drain thoroughly. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, onion, flour, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a well-greased hot griddle. Fry in batches 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 7-9 pancakes.
Originally published as Old-Fashioned Potato Pancakes in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p40
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Potato Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review