Old-Fashioned Pork Roast
A lightly sweet coating keeps the pork roast tender and moist. With just four ingredients, this roast is great for everyday dinners but looks impressive enough to serve guests.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Place roast, fat side up, on a greased rack in a roasting pan.
- Combine applesauce, salt and sage; spread over roast.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover and bake 15-30 minutes
- longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°-170°. Let
- stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 123 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 18 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011
. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now