Old-Fashioned Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken with rice soup, undiluted
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, mustard, garlic salt and pepper. Add pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on each side. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with soup, onion and parsley. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 283 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 467 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.