Old-Fashioned Popcorn Balls
Popcorn always make a crowd-pleasing snack...but you can make it into a chewy, sweet delight with this classic recipe.American Pop Corn Co., Sioux City, Iowa
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 2 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light or dark corn syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place popcorn in a baking pan and keep warm in a 200° oven.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, stir together the sugar, corn syrup,
- water, butter and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly,
- until mixture comes to a boil.
- Continue cooking without stirring until the temperature reaches
- 270° on a candy thermometer. Remove from the heat. Add vanilla;
- stir just enough to mix. Slowly pour over the popcorn. Cool just
- enough to handle. Shape with buttered hands. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 161 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.