- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 jar (4 ounces) plum baby food
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in the egg, egg yolk, baby food and oil just until moistened. Fold in nuts. Spoon into two greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the sugar, buttermilk and butter; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Poke holes with a fork in top of loaves. Pour topping over loaves. Cool in pans for 10 minutes or until topping is absorbed. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 mini loaves.
Originally published as Old-Fashioned Plum Loaves in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p264
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Plum Loaves
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review