- greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes
- or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, for filling, combine the sugar, 2 tablespoons cornstarch,
- salt and cinnamon in a small saucepan; slowly stir in water and
- lemon juice until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and
- stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in
- butter and vanilla.
- Toss pears with remaining cornstarch; spoon over crust. Top with
- filling. Sprinkle with reserved topping. Bake for 35-40 minutes or
- until filling is bubbly and topping is lightly browned. Cool on a
- wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 430 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 511 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.