Old-Fashioned Peach Butter Recipe
Cinnamon and ground cloves add down-home flavor to this spread for toast or biscuits. Using the slow cooker eliminates much of the stirring required when simmering fruit butter on the stovetop. —Marilou Robinson, Portland, Oregon
- 14 cups coarsely chopped peeled fresh or frozen peaches (about 5-1/2 pounds)
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the peaches, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and cloves. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until peaches are very soft, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Stir in tapioca. Cook, uncovered, on high for 1 hour or until thickened. Pour into jars or freezer containers; cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year. Yield: 9 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 46 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC