Old-Fashioned Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2-1/2 cups raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, beat oil and brown sugar until blended. Beat in eggs, then milk. Combine cake mix and oats; gradually add to brown sugar mixture and mix well. Fold in raisins and pecans.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: 7 dozen.
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
"Thanks for the wonderful recipe Nancy. Mamalevi, if you haven't tried it you shouldn't be posting a review. How you feel about oil in cookies is not the issue....the final result is. Gramjo"
"Mamalevi, would I use the same amount of crisco, as the oil? 3/4 cup?....I'm a person who does not like canola oil....Thank you.............These look delicious....."
"REALLY putting oil in cookie mix? I have been making the original oatmeal raisin cookies for well over45 years and I use Crisco. But everyone to there own taste buds."
"My mother made these at least 35 years ago, and I raved about how good they were. She giggled and said she used cake mix, so I am sure it's the same recipe. I am so sure of it, I went ahead and put 5 stars. Thank you for sharing the recipe - I will file it in my recipe box and print a copy so that I will always be able to bake these when I am missing Mom, which is always at Christmas time."
"Fantastic! We made two changes because of personal tastes. 1) Switched raisins for 1/2 Chocolate Chips and 1/2 Dried Cranberries.2) Replaced oil with Soft Butter. So easy and full of flavor! Definite keeper!"