Old-Fashioned Oatmeal Pie Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 unbaked pie pastry (9 inches)
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a bowl, beat eggs. Add honey, oats, coconut, brown sugar, butter, currants and walnuts; mix well. Pour into pie shell.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until browned and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 559 calories, 28g fat (14g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 76g carbohydrate (55g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Oatmeal Pie
"Thank you dozer1025!! It was very thoughtful of you to reply to my request."
"hi adrian11 hey i know your post is an older one so my reply prob. dont help much.but i made this pie it turned out great with just three fouths cup."
"I've made this pie several times and it is a hit every time. Very rich, especially with a little whipped cream on top! I've used raisins instead of currants and it turned out just fine. I recently made it for Thanksgiving for a nice change from the traditional pumpkin or pecan pie. My family devoured it. I'd say the only bad thing about this pie is you won't have any leftovers!"
"Question: How much brown sugar--it mentions 3/4 cup and then 1/2 cup?Thank you for clarification."