Old-Fashioned Oatmeal Pie
Honey adds just the right amount of sweetness to this pie. The combination of honey, brown sugar, oats and coconut is delicious.—National Honey Board, Mary R Humann, Longmont, Colorado
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 unbaked pie pastry (9 inches)
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add honey, oats, coconut, brown sugar, butter,
- currants and walnuts; mix well. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until browned and a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool. Garnish with whipped
- cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 559 calories, 28 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 76 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.