Honey adds just the right amount of sweetness to this pie. The combination of honey, brown sugar, oats and coconut is delicious.—National Honey Board, Mary R Humann, Longmont, Colorado
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 unbaked pie pastry (9 inches)
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add honey, oats, coconut, brown sugar, butter, currants and walnuts; mix well. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until browned and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Old-Fashioned Oatmeal Pie in Taste of Home August/September 1993, p23
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Oatmeal Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review