Old-Fashioned Molasses Muffins
The spicy aroma of these muffins in the oven is truly mouthwatering! I've fixed batches for Christmas breakfast...frozen more to snack on later...and sent plenty to school with our youngsters.
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In another bowl, beat
- egg, water, oil and molasses. Stir into dry ingredients just until
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 325° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan
- for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Yield: 9 muffins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 172 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 146 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.