Old-Fashioned Mini Plum Loaves Recipe
Moist and golden, these loaves are a "plum" part of the holiday baskets our family makes up for country friends and neighbors. I discovered the recipe in a historical cookbook it truly is full of old-fashioned goodness.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 jars (4 ounces each) plum baby food
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in eggs, baby food, oil and nuts just until moistened. Spoon into four greased 5-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. In a saucepan, combine topping ingredients; bring to a boil. Boil and stir for 3 minutes. Poke holes with a fork in top of loaves. Cool in pans for 10 minutes or until topping is absorbed. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 mini loaves.
Originally published as Old-Fashioned Mini Plum Loaves in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p14
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Mini Plum Loaves(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review