Old-Fashioned Mincemeat Cookies Recipe
Shh! Don't reveal the secret ingredient in this tender, chewy, old-time cookie until after they take a taste. This recipe will win over even those who think they don't like mincemeat.—Lucie Fitzgerald, Spring Hill, Florida.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:48 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (9 ounces) condensed mincemeat, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in mincemeat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 2. Roll dough into 1-in. balls; dip into egg white and remaining sugar. Place sugar side up 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC