Old-Fashioned Lollipops Recipe
Kids of all ages will savor these fun fruity lollipops. I received the recipe from my sister-in-law years ago. We still make them in a rainbow of jewel colors in her memory every Christmas. They're great stocking stuffers!
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon, apple or cherry flavoring
- 1/8 teaspoon yellow, green or red liquid food coloring
- 1. Place lollipop sticks in hard candy molds or arrange sticks 3 in. apart on greased foil-lined baking sheets; set aside.
- 2. In a heavy saucepan, combine corn syrup and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cover and cook for 3 minutes to dissolve sugar crystals. Uncover and cook over medium-high heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage).
- 3. Remove from the heat; stir in flavoring and food coloring, keeping face away from mixture as odor is very strong. Immediately pour into prepared molds or pour free-form over ends of lollipop sticks on baking sheets. Let cool before removing. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 123 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 33mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Lollipops
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2012
"Easy to follow instructions. YUMMY!"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC