Kids of all ages will savor these fun fruity lollipops. I received the recipe from my sister-in-law years ago. We still make them in a rainbow of jewel colors in her memory every Christmas. They're great stocking stuffers!
12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon, apple or cherry flavoring
- 1/8 teaspoon yellow, green or red liquid food coloring
- Place lollipop sticks in hard candy molds or arrange sticks 3 in.
- apart on greased foil-lined baking sheets; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine corn syrup and sugar. Bring to a boil
- over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cover and cook for 3
- minutes to dissolve sugar crystals. Uncover and cook over
- medium-high heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads
- 300° (hard-crack stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in flavoring and food coloring, keeping
- face away from mixture as odor is very strong. Immediately pour into
- prepared molds or pour free-form over ends of lollipop sticks on
- baking sheets. Let cool before removing. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 123 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 protein.