- ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with jam
- and buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Stir in raisin
- mixture and nuts.
- Spread into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at
- 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For icing, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in
- sugar and milk. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; cool until
- just warm. Pour into a large bowl; beat in enough confectioners'
- sugar to achieve a spreading consistency. Spread frosting between
- layers and over the top and sides of cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
If cooking for two: Prepare and frost entire cake, then freeze serving-size portions to enjoy for months to come.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 702 calories, 30 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 116 mg cholesterol, 353 mg sodium, 107 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.