- sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel
- jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a
- wire rack.
- Spread cooled cake with ice cream; roll up again. Freeze until firm.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, combine the sugars, salt and corn
- syrup. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the
- heat; cool slightly. Stir in cream. Serve with ice cream roll.
- Sprinkle with pecans if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings (2 cups
Variation: Use strawberry ice cream instead of vanilla and eliminate caramel sauce. Garnish with fresh strawberries and whipped cream.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without pecans) equals 585 calories, 23 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 164 mg cholesterol, 296 mg sodium, 92 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.