Old-fashioned Honey Baked Apples Recipe
- 2 medium tart apples
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Core apples, leaving bottoms intact; peel top third of each. Place in a greased 8x4-in. glass loaf pan; fill with cranberries.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine water, brown sugar and honey; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour over apples.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender, basting occasionally with juices. If desired, serve with ice cream. Yield: 2 servings.
1 baked apple (calculated without ice cream): 253 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 13mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (59g sugars, 4g fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Old-fashioned Honey Baked Apples
"WOW!!tried this today !!Family loved it!!"