Old-fashioned Honey Baked Apples Recipe
My baked apple recipe is very old-fashioned but tried and true. It's definitely a comfort food. —Rachel Hamilton, Greenville, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 2 medium tart apples
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. Core apples, leaving bottoms intact. Peel the top third of each apple; place in a greased 8-in. x 4-in. glass loaf pan. Fill each with cranberries.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the water, brown sugar and honey; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour over apples.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until tender, basting occasionally with pan juices. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (calculated without ice cream) equals 253 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 13 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC