My baked apple recipe is very old-fashioned but tried and true. It's definitely a comfort food. —Rachel Hamilton, Greenville, Pennsylvania
- 2 medium tart apples
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Core apples, leaving bottoms intact; peel top third of each. Place in a greased 8x4-in. glass loaf pan; fill with cranberries.
- In a small saucepan, combine water, brown sugar and honey; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour over apples.
- Bake, uncovered, 45-55 minutes or until apples are tender, basting occasionally with juices. If desired, serve with ice cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Honey Baked Apples in Reminisce October/November 2009, p52
Reviews for Old-fashioned Honey Baked Apples
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review