Old-Fashioned Glazed Ham
The fruit juices combine with the ham liquid to make a sweet gravy my family looks forward to having each Easter and Christmas.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 2 hours 25 min.
- 1/2 fully cooked bone-in ham (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons whole cloves
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherry juice
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow foil-lined roasting pan. Score the
- surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep; insert a
- clove into each diamond. Cover and bake at 325° for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar and juices to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until glaze
- is reduced to 1 cup.
- Baste ham with 1/3 cup glaze. Bake, uncovered, 25-35 minutes longer
- or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting with remaining glaze
- every 10 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (6 ounces) equals 479 calories, 26 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 1,851 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or