- 1/2 fully cooked bone-in ham (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons whole cloves
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherry juice
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow foil-lined roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep; insert a clove into each diamond. Cover and bake at 325° for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar and juices to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until glaze is reduced to 1 cup.
- Baste ham with 1/3 cup glaze. Bake, uncovered, 25-35 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting with remaining glaze every 10 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Glazed Ham(3)
Sort By :
I have made this recipe for years its been pass down from my mother , as its been pass down to her from her mom .. it's Our familys favorite to make every year during the holidays even just as an everyday meal. we all love it
This made the perfect ham! I didn't boil the glaze all the way down, but it was still delicious.
Perfect Ham. Loved the glazed simple and easy to do.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Ham >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Ham Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Ham Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Glazed Ham Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >