I discovered this recipe many years ago, and it's been a favorite among our family and friends since. Who doesn't like cookies during the holidays?
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and molasses. Combine
- the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and salt; gradually
- add to creamed mixture. Chill.
- Roll into 1-1/4-in. balls and dip into sugar. Place 2 in. apart on
- ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for about 10 minutes or
- until set and surface cracks. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 150 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.