Old-Fashioned Fruit Compote Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 package (18 ounces) pitted dried plums
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 4 lemon peel strips
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes or until fruit is tender. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 8 cups.
1/4 cup: 126 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Fruit Compote
"I made this in the crockpot, cooking on high for an hour and then low for an hour. It was amazing! Easy, no fuss, light finish to the meal."