Old-Fashioned Fruit Compote Recipe
A perfect partner for your Christmas goose, this warm and fruity side dish can simmer while you prepare the rest of your menu, or make it a day ahead and reheat before serving. —Shirley A. Glaab, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 package (18 ounces) pitted dried plums
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 4 lemon peel strips
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes or until fruit is tender. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 8 cups.
1/4 cup equals 126 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Fruit Compote
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC