Old-Fashioned Dressing Recipe
Remember Grandma's delicious turkey dressing? Taste it again combined with flavorful herbs and crisp veggies in this family-favorite dressing. You'll love that you can make it in your slow cooker. Sherry Vink, Lacombe, Alberta, Canada
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups cubed day-old white bread
- 6 cups cubed day-old whole wheat bread
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1. In a large skillet, melt butter. Add the celery, mushrooms and onion; saute until tender. Stir in the seasonings. Place bread cubes in a large bowl. Stir in vegetable mixture. Add broth; toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 258 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 714 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Dressing
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC