These finger-licking good delicacies are so light and luscious, my family has always referred to them as "Angel Food Doughnuts!" They're lovely at Christmas with a dusting of Confectioners' sugar.
18 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + chilling Cook: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat sour cream and buttermilk until smooth. Beat in
- sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla just until combined.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gradually
- add flour mixture to buttermilk mixture just until combined (dough
- will be sticky). Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Turn dough onto a well-floured surface; knead for 2-3 minutes or
- until smooth. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a floured
- 2-1/2-in. doughnut cutter.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry
- doughnuts, a few at a time, for 3 minutes or until golden brown on
- each side. Fry doughnut holes until golden brown. Drain on paper