- 1-1/2 cups hot mashed potatoes (mashed with milk and butter)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or nutmeg
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, sugar, buttermilk, eggs, butter and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; stir into potato mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a skillet or electric fry pan, heat 1 in of oil to 375°. Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls into oil; fry until browned. Turn with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels. Roll in sugar while warm. Yield: 13 dozen.
Originally published as Old-Fashioned Doughnuts Holes in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p12
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Doughnuts Holes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review