Old-Fashioned Cutout Cookies Recipe
These simple cookies are so crisp and buttery, it's hard to eat just one. I make them for special holidays, but they're welcome anytime. -Elizabeth Turner, Lula, Georgia
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached Self-Rising Flour
- Additional sugar
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with 3-in. cookie cutters dipped in flour. Sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Reroll scraps if desired. Bake at 375° for 7-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Old-Fashioned Cutout Cookies in Reminisce July/August 2002, p50
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Cutout Cookies(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review