- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups self-rising flour
- Additional sugar
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with 3-in. cookie cutters dipped in flour. Sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Reroll scraps if desired. Bake at 375° for 7-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Old-Fashioned Cutout Cookies in Reminisce July/August 2002, p50
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Cutout Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2010
"very easy ,really tasty and quick"