The tomato soup is an original recipe of my father's that's been a favorite on our menu since the early days. We're always flattered when we receive requests for our tomato soup recipe, and we're proud to share it with others.—Susan Henderson, Missoula, Montana
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- In the top of a double boiler or metal bowl, heat cream over simmering water; add to tomato mixture just before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Old-Fashioned Cream of Tomato Soup in Taste of Home August/September 1994, p51
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Cream of Tomato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review