Old-Fashioned Crackle Cookies
These are an old-fashioned favorite that my family loves. Kids can help by rolling them in confectioners' sugar and placing on greased baking sheets.
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and oil until blended. Beat in eggs,
- chocolate and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt;
- gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate
- dough for at least 2 hours.
- With sugared hands, shape dough into 1-in. balls. Roll in
- confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with
- cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 63 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 32 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.