Old-Fashioned Corn Relish Recipe
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped seeded cucumbers
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine all of the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes or until thickened. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoon: 27 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Corn Relish
"This is pretty good, except a bit too sweet for us. Going to cut down on the sugar next time!"
"this is really, really good. I made a batch about 3 weeks ago and it's already almost gone. Great on burgers and hot dogs--my husband likes to eat it as is, just by itself!"
"We made this recipe with red peppers and Splenda. It was just delicious!"
"can you can this recipe"