My sister-in-law gave me this recipe over 50 years ago and it's still a hit at potluck dinners. I made it for company once, and they came by the next day with a large head of cabbage, hoping to exchange it for the recipe.
-Joyce LeMonds, Castle Rock, Washington
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Dash pepper
- In a bowl, combine the cabbage, peppers and onion. In a small bowl,
- combine the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, milk, salt, dill, paprika
- and pepper. Add to cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 263 calories, 23 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 466 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.