Old-Fashioned Coleslaw Recipe
My sister-in-law gave me this recipe over 50 years ago and it's still a hit at potluck dinners. I made it for company once, and they came by the next day with a large head of cabbage, hoping to exchange it for the recipe. -Joyce LeMonds, Castle Rock, Washington
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Dash pepper
- In a bowl, combine the cabbage, peppers and onion. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, milk, salt, dill, paprika and pepper. Add to cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Old-Fashioned Coleslaw in Reminisce Extra August 2003, p52
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Coleslaw(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 10, 2013
This is a hit whenever I make it - I am now requested by our friends to "bring your coleslaw"!