Old-Fashioned Cocoa Pudding Recipe
"My husband's favorite pudding is this one that my mother used to make," recalls Sue Knapp from her home in Camden, Michigan. "But it gets so many compliments at our family gatherings that I also use it as a pie filling on special occasions!"
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped topping and chocolate curls
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa, flour and salt. Gradually whisk in water and egg yolks. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla until blended. Pour into individual dishes. Refrigerate until set. Garnish with whipped topping and chocolate curls. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup: 399 calories, 12g fat (9g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Cocoa Pudding
Reviewed Feb. 10, 2011
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC