Old Fashioned Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 1/4 cup diced carrot
- 2 tablespoons diced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute the carrot, celery and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the broth, chicken and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Add noodles; cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
1-3/4 cup: 167 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 511mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Old Fashioned Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup
"1,144 mg of sodium in 1 3/4 cups is way to high. We should not have this much sodium in one serving! Can this be correct? I have not made this yet."
"Love this soup! Delicious and easy to make!"
"Awesome recipe. I added more butter and salt to the recipe than what it called for. I've made this many times since seeing this in the TOH magazine many years ago. Love it!"
"I love this!!! YUM!"