Old Fashioned Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 1/4 cup diced carrot
- 2 tablespoons diced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute the carrot, celery and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the broth, chicken and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Add noodles; cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Old Fashioned Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup
Sort By :
1,144 mg of sodium in 1 3/4 cups is way to high. We should not have this much sodium in one serving! Can this be correct? I have not made this yet.
Love this soup! Delicious and easy to make!
Awesome recipe. I added more butter and salt to the recipe than what it called for. I've made this many times since seeing this in the TOH magazine many years ago. Love it!
I love this!!! YUM!