When winter holds Maple Grove, Minnesota in its icy grip, Sharon Skildum relies on this hearty, old-fashioned chicken soup to warm her right down to her toes. It's just like Grandma used to make-full of veggies and rich flavor.
- 1/4 cup diced carrot
- 2 tablespoons diced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute the carrot, celery and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the broth, chicken and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Add noodles; cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008, p21
Reviews for Old Fashioned Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review