Old-Fashioned Chocolaty Pie Recipe
Rich and oh-so-chocolaty, this silky pie is a cinch to prepare. The mouthwatering filling and flaky crust are an unbeatable combination that's sure to make this pie one of your family's favorite desserts, too.—Nancy Horsburgh, Everett, Ontario
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa, flour and salt; gradually add water. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
- 2. Pour into pastry shell. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 255 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Chocolaty Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC