Old-Fashioned Chocolaty Pie Recipe
Rich and oh-so-chocolaty, this silky pie is a cinch to prepare. The mouthwatering filling and flaky crust are an unbeatable combination that's sure to make this pie one of your family's favorite desserts, too.—Nancy Horsburgh, Everett, Ontario
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa, flour and salt; gradually add water. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
- 2. Pour into pastry shell. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 255 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC