Old-Fashioned Chocolate Soda Recipe
We enjoy making this old-fashioned soda fountain specialty at home. Besides being a favorite treat for my grandchildren, it's entertainment. They love to watch the magic of the soda foaming up as they urge me to add more and more whipped topping. -Dawn Sams, Grayslake, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 6 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream in a can
- 2-1/2 cups cold carbonated water
- 4 scoops ice cream of your choice
- Additional whipped cream, optional
- 1. For each serving, place 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup in a 16-oz. glass. Stir in 1 tablespoon of whipped cream and 1-1/4 cups water until foamy. Add two scoops of ice cream. Top with additional whipped cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 428 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 139 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC