Old-Fashioned Chicken Macaroni Salad Recipe
- 2/3 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/3 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Cook corn according to package directions; drain and cool.
- 2. In a serving bowl, combine the macaroni, corn, chicken, celery, egg, green pepper and onion. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cups (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise) equals 337 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 175 mg cholesterol, 882 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Chicken Macaroni Salad
"I liked this recipe very much. It was easy to make and was delicious. I left out the eggs however. And I used canned corn, actually Mexicorn with the peppers already in it. I will definately make this salad again!"
"I made this with and without green pepper on seperate occasions. It's delicious either way."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.