"My sister gave me the recipe for this creamy pasta salad about 25 years ago," Nola Erbe jots from Lodi, Wisconsin. "It's great to make for watching football games on TV. I serve it with potato chips, celery and pickles.
- 2/3 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/3 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Cook corn according to package directions; drain and cool.
- In a serving bowl, combine the macaroni, corn, chicken, celery, egg, green pepper and onion. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Old-Fashioned Chicken Macaroni Salad in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p39
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Chicken Macaroni Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review