- golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in the milk, butter and remaining
- sugar (mixture will be lumpy). Cook over medium heat, stirring until
- a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage). Remove from
- the heat.
- Pour into a small bowl without stirring. Cool, without stirring, to
- 190°. Beat on high speed until mixture turns light brown and
- creamy and a candy thermometer reads 130°-137°, about 5
- minutes. Immediately spread over pie. Store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 710 calories, 36 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 226 mg cholesterol, 365 mg sodium, 96 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.