- 1-1/3 cups whole almonds, toasted and ground
- 3/4 cup crushed vanilla wafers
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Assorted fresh fruit
- In a small bowl, combine almonds and wafer crumbs; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Beat in vanilla and lemon peel just until blended. Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; carefully spread over filling. Bake 10 minutes longer or until edges appear dry. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Cover and chill overnight. Remove sides of pan. Top with fresh fruit. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Cheesecake
Sort By :
"This was excellent! My daughter said it tasted like it was from the best restaurant. I didn't think I liked the taste of the toasted almonds in the crust, but after it was baked, it was the perfect combination! Made it exactly as directed except couldn't find much fresh fruit, but the store had just gotten in some pints of fresh black berries. So I took some raspberry jam (what I had on hand), put it in a saucepan with some water and corn starch. Heated till thickened, let cool a little and then spread it on the cake and set the blackberries on top. WOW!"
"my family LOVED this!"