Old-Fashioned Butterscotch Fudge Recipe
Butterscotch makes this fudge a nice change from others, and it's also pretty on a tray of sweets. I've made this recipe for many years.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:48-60 servings
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1-1/2 cups butterscotch chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring sugar, milk and salt to a full boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Place marshmallows, butterscotch chips and vanilla in a heat-resistant bowl; pour sugar mixture over, stirring until marshmallows are blended. Pour into a greased 9-in. square pan. Cool at room temperature. Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave; spread over fudge and immediately sprinkle with nuts. Cool before cutting into squares. Yield: 4-5 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 96 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 28 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC