Old-Fashioned Butterscotch Fudge
Butterscotch makes this fudge a nice change from others, and it's also pretty on a tray of sweets. I've made this recipe for many years.
48-60 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + cooling
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1-1/2 cups butterscotch chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large saucepan, bring sugar, milk and salt to a full boil for 5
- minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Place
- marshmallows, butterscotch chips and vanilla in a heat-resistant
- bowl; pour sugar mixture over, stirring until marshmallows are
- blended. Pour into a greased 9-in. square pan. Cool at room
- temperature. Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave;
- spread over fudge and immediately sprinkle with nuts. Cool before
- cutting into squares. Yield: 4-5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 96 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 28 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.