Butterscotch makes this fudge a nice change from others, and it's also pretty on a tray of sweets. I've made this recipe for many years.
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1-1/2 cups butterscotch chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large saucepan, bring sugar, milk and salt to a full boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Place marshmallows, butterscotch chips and vanilla in a heat-resistant bowl; pour sugar mixture over, stirring until marshmallows are blended. Pour into a greased 9-in. square pan. Cool at room temperature. Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave; spread over fudge and immediately sprinkle with nuts. Cool before cutting into squares. Yield: 4-5 dozen.
Originally published as Butterscotch Fudge in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate 1994, p17
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Butterscotch Fudge
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review