Old-Fashioned Buttermilk Biscuits
Pure and simple, thesehomemade biscuits turn out perfect every time. Lightly golden brown and crusty on top with a soft and flakey middle—like I said, perfect.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar
- and salt. Combine the buttermilk, oil and sour cream; stir into
- flour mixture just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured
- surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in.
- biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake
- at 400° for 8-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Serve
- warm. Yield: 8 biscuits.
Nutritional Facts: 1 biscuit equals 142 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,