Through the years, I've made this bread pudding quite often and am asked for the recipe each time. I think folks find this dessert so appealing because of its comforting taste and texture.
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Artificial sweetener equivalent to 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 slices stale bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine milk, egg substitute, vanilla and sweetener in a bowl. Add bread cubes and raisins; stir gently. Pour into a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Place in a shallow pan; add 1 in. of water. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Old-Fashioned Bread Pudding in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 1995, p295
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Bread Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review