Old-Fashioned Blueberry Muffins
AT the end of the summer years ago, our family often gathered to pick wild blueberries. Mother canned them and saved them for special pie treats during the holidays. If there were any leftover she made them into these delicious blueberry muffins.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In
- another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, butter and vanilla; stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at
- 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan
- to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 192 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.