Fresh-from-the-oven biscuits can be yours in no time. Serve them with the omelet here or a steaming mug of coffee or tea. Either way, you’ll love every bite! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 ounce cold reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1/4 cup plus 1/2 teaspoon buttermilk, divided
- In a small bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, sugar, salt and
- baking soda. Cut in cream cheese and butter until mixture resembles
- coarse crumbs. Stir in 1/4 cup buttermilk just until moistened. Turn
- onto a lightly floured surface; knead 5-6 times.
- Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-in.
- biscuit cutter.
- Place 2 in. apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush
- with remaining buttermilk. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or
- until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 4 biscuits.
Nutritional Facts: 1 biscuit equals 167 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 355 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,