Old-Fashioned Biscuits Recipe
Fresh-from-the-oven biscuits can be yours in no time. Serve them with the omelet here or a steaming mug of coffee or tea. Either way, you’ll love every bite! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 ounce cold PHILADELPHIA® 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1/4 cup plus 1/2 teaspoon buttermilk, divided
- In a small bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, sugar, salt and baking soda. Cut in cream cheese and butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 1/4 cup buttermilk just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 5-6 times.
- Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place 2 in. apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush with remaining buttermilk. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 4 biscuits.
Originally published as Old-Fashioned Biscuits in Healthy Cooking December/January 2011, p18
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Biscuits(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Biscuit Recipes >
- Bread Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >